Thursday, September 4, 2008

A quick update

Well, all that rushing around from my last post had to have its consequences... and both Joel and I came down with a cold. I hope that explains our long and neglectful silence on this blog. Joel was wise enough to take lots of zinc when he started to get sick, and so his cold only lasted three to four days. I, on the other hand, refused to believe I was coming down with anything, took no zinc, and thus have been stuck with a lingering cough and stuffy nose for a week now.

At first I was worried that my sickness would mean that I couldn't get my wisdom teeth out, but it looks like I'm still scheduled for a 9:30 surgery tomorrow. I'm trying not to be nervous... really... but it's not very comforting when everyone who hears I'm getting them out comes back with some terrible story about their surgery. "But I'm sure yours won't be like that," they say afterward, as if that's supposed to make me feel better. Ah well. At least if something does go horribly wrong I'll have an interesting story to tell you all about later (And they mistook 'wisdom teeth extraction' for 'total teeth extraction').

So tonight I'm going to savor my last solid-food meal for a while.

In other interesting news I had my first Latin class which was entertaining. Especially with a completely stuffed up nose. Trying saying "Nominative" with your nose plugged, it doesn't sound very good. But I think my students understood me well enough. I even played Latin pictionary with them at the end of class, so I hope that scored me good "new-teacher" brownie points. I'm really looking forward to teaching this year, it should be a great experience!

1 comment:

Katiebdit said...

Good luck Beanie! I'll pray for you!