Sunday, May 22, 2011

Channeling the Bayou

We've been on some whirlwind vacations these past two weeks, but instead of posting pictures of those I'm going to go the easy route and post a recipe first!

Lucy and I watched the Princess and the Frog yesterday and all that New Orleans jazz had me in the mood for some Cajun Cooking.



So I found this recipe on the Pioneer Woman for Cajun Chicken Pasta and, trust me, it was INCREDIBLE. I was tempted to lick my plate afterwards. I have a big container of Tony Cachere's creole seasoning and only one recipe that uses it, so I'm thrilled to have another excuse to pull out those yummy cajun spices. I used more of the seasoning than she suggested, but hey, we like our food spicy.


I was too enraptured by the dish to even bother taking a picture so here's one from Pioneer Woman's blog. And here's a link to the recipe. You have to try it!




2 comments:

The Bakkens said...

I LOVE that recipe! Anything that combines heavy cream with cajun spices is okay in my book.

Elizabeth said...

OH my goodness....I read through the recipe, and I'm trying hard not to drool. Not a good look on a pregnant woman. ;-D
Thanks for pointing it in my direction! And I almost watched The Princess and the Frog today..I have yet to see it, but I've heard good stuff about it, so now when I see it I'll know to make this dish afterwards.