Sunday, January 29, 2012

Recovering

We've been so grateful for the blog comments, facebook notes, letters, flowers, food and gifts we've received over the past few days from our friends and family. God has been carrying us through this trial, but one of the biggest ways He has done so is through His body, our fellow saints. Healing is slow, but God's grace is steady and that's what we're resting on.

I've really taken comfort in a few verses recently:

"But you are He who took me out of the womb;
You made me trust while on my mother's breasts.
From my mother's womb
You have been my God."
Psalm 22:9-10

"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

"For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands eternal in the heavens." 2 Corinthians 5:1-2

It is such a blessing to serve a God who gave us a book filled with comforting verses like these.

4 comments:

Cara Hogervorst said...

Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
Psalm 94:17-19

A friend shared this verse with me nine years ago when I was diagnosed with scleroderma and thought it was my death sentence. It has been very comforting to me. We will continue to pray.
Cara

McKenzie Clark said...

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
-Psalm 23:4

Thought this verse would be interesting for you to read. =) We're praying for you! <3

Diane Garaway said...

Dearest Christine and Joel. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. I remember walking inro the delivery room when my son-in-law, Osh, was holding our grandson, Liam, right after he passed. He said to me, "everthing our God is good." He is good and a comfort in times of grief. We love you. Bill and Diane

Faye said...

Your praise and adoration for God at this time is an encouragement to me. Thanking God with you that He Is Good. Praying for you, friend.
Faye