Monday, July 16, 2012

Catch Up

Whew! It's been three straight weeks of vacation, so fun! I'll just start at the beginning, with one of my favorite house projects ever. 


My dad and mom came down for the last weekend of June and while they were there my dad and Joel built a fence on the side of our house that had previously been fence-less. I hated that kids could just toddle out of our back door, around the side yard, and out into the street. Not to mention that giant pile of tree debris from our yard projects. 

It involved some cutting:


Some post hole digging and post-placing:


Some measuring:


And then more cutting:

(And did I mention that they did a lot of this is in the rain?)

After a lot less time than I thought fence-building would take, they were finished!




It's not actually crooked in real life, it's my picture taking skills. Look at that fabulous door they built!






And of course, Lucy had to inspect it to make sure it was up to code. 


So there you go! The beginning of the fun! I'm beyond thrilled with this fence. Thanks dad and Joel!

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Nice fence! Love Lucy's inspection. To cute.