Monday, June 6, 2011

Astoria

Okay we're almost completely caught up with pictures and posts of where we've been this past month! After Lucy and my fun trip to Moscow we flew to Portland where Joel picked us up and we drove to the seaside town of Astoria. Joel had an audit in a neighboring town and Moss Adams kindly put us up at the Hotel Elliott in downtown Astoria. Can I just say, if you're visiting Astoria you have to stay there? It was plush. Everything was fabulous: from the warming floor tiles in the bathroom (oh, and the jacuzzi bathtub) to the cushy robes and slippers, the massive tv in the bedroom (which I watched a fair bit of while Lucy napped during the day) and a yummy complimentary breakfast.

During the days Joel headed off to work and Lucy and I wandered around downtown Astoria and had a great time browsing stores, walking along the wharf, and trying out different restaurants.











Okay I have to jump in here and say that the restaurant below (yes it's a walk-up fish and chips stand), was INCREDIBLE. It may even have beat steelhead brewery with their fish and chips (and it certainly was a good deal less expensive). It was a pretty long line to get my food but oh so worth it. They only serve one thing, but they serve it well.



The Hotel Elliott had a cute little rooftop garden that I took these next two pictures from:




Lucy was a trooper in the stroller while I walked around town:




The rooftop garden:



1 comment:

Katiebdit said...

Oh, it looks so fun! Very Northwest-beautiful. And I love the pic of Lucy in the bonnet... :D