Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tabula Rasa

One of my favorite things about moving is getting the chance to start over with decorating. It's so much fun to move into a clean, empty space and re-think how your furniture should go. Even if I don't have any money at the time to buy new items, sometimes rearranging my old stuff makes me feel like it's new.

Another favorite of moving for me is purging. We started our married lives in a house that was really too big for us (4 bed, 2bath), and over the years we've been moving into smaller and smaller spaces. I think our new duplex (2 bed/1 bath) is really a perfect size for the three of us. Easy to clean, plus it means I get to purge even more! Makes me feel so lightweight.

But what I'm most excited about with this new place is that it is all wood floors (minus linoleum-tile in the kitchen/bathroom). I think wood floors and white decor are my two favorite decorating schemes. So naturally the new move has me daydreaming about all sorts of lovely wood/white combinations:



Doesn't this look so clean and cheerful?










Sure it's not very practical to have white curtains that pool luxuriously on the floor when you have messy baby hands roaming through the the house, but I can always dream, right?



Oh yes, and did I mention that the new place has a white fireplace? I'm already getting giddy about Christmas decor!



So excited about this move!

2 comments:

Hope said...

we are so on the same page, Bean! LOVE all these pics!!

Hope said...

what I meant to say is, "Kat, me lady, you sway to the rhythm of me heart." (10 Things I Hate About You) :)